In my Biology Class, my favorite-st word was Pseudopods. I don’t know why but it makes me crack a smile whenever I hear that word. It sounds funny but I can’t explain why.
Later on, my favorite word changed into Petrichor – the way the earth smells when it rains after a dry spell.
Here are some of interesting words I know (that I would love to say on my everyday conversation):
- Trichotillomania – A compulsion to pull out one’s hair.
- Esprit d’Escalier- is that witty comeback that you think of moments after leaving the situation in which you might have been able to use it.
- Neophile – A person who loves novelty and trends.
- Anglomania – craze or obsession with England and the English.
- Mamihlapinatapai– The wordless, yet meaningful look shared by two people who both desire to initiate something but are both reluctant to start
- Ethereal – extremely delicate or refined, heavenly or celestial.
- Effervescent – Bubbling, vivacious, lively, sparkling.
- August- inspiring reverence or admiration; of supreme dignity or
- Interfice errorem, diligere errantem – Kill the sin, love the sinner.
And my current favorite:
Evanescence – fading away.